Karachi University has announced MBBS fourth year results of 2018, with passing percentage of 84.93 of total students. Total number of candidates appeared in exams were 823, out of 699 passed the exams and 124 were failed. However, the top three positions were scored by girls. According to the official announcement of MBBS results of 2018 Karachi University;
First postion holder is Zumaira Swaleh d/o Muhammad Khalid got 957 / 1150 marksis from Liaquat College of Medicine and Dentistry.
Second Postion holder is Sundus Kamran d/o Muhammad Kamran from Liaquat College of Medicine and Dentist got 952 / 1150 marks.
Also Got Second Postion is Samar Lal Shahid d/o Shahid Hafeez from Syed College of Medical Sciences got 952 / 1150.
Third Position Holder is Summaya Fatima d/o Zulqarnain from Jinnah Medical and Dental College got 948 / 1150 marks.
About Karachi University
Karachi University is ranked at 800th position in Times Higher Education Rankings (THE) 2017 and 251 in top Asian University rankings. Prominent scientist and nuclear physicist Dr, Abdul Qadeer Khan and notable scholar and poet Pirzada Qasim Raza Siddiqui are both former Karachi University students. Karachi University is well recognized in IT and Medical and science fields. Karachi University is consisted of 50 departments and 20 research centres. It was established in 1951. Seven Medical and Dental colleges are affiliated with Karachi University, however Karachi Medical and dental College is its only college in public sector. The teaching techniques of medical department of Karachi University and its affiliated college is decided by the Board of Studies. The faculty members are given updated teaching techniques training and regular workshops are held, which are supervised by the Dean of pharmacy department Karachi University Prof. Dr. Iqbal Azhar. The examination method of Short Essay Questions and Best Choice Questions is adopted by the university. MBBS and BDS programmes are being taught under PMDC regulations. An entry test is compulsory for admission and students are chosen on merit. The M.D Curriculum Committee decides the curriculum for every specialty being taught in University and in all of its affiliated colleges. University of Karachi works under rule and regulation of higher education Board of Sindh . Here is list of names of Karachi University medical department and its affiliated colleges;
- Karachi Medical & Dental College,
- Jinnah Medical Dental College,
- Liaquat College of Medicine and Dentistry,
- Altamash Institute of Dental Medicine
- Fatima Jinnah Dental College
- Sir Syed College of Medicine
- Liaquat National Medical College
According to HEC, following are considered as best medical institutes 2018 of Pakistan :-
- Agha Khan University Karachi (AKU)
- University of Health Sciences Lahore (UHS)
- Dow University of Health Sciences Karachi (DMC)
- Khyber Medical University Peshawar (KMU)
- Riphah International University Islamabad
- Isra University Hyderabad (IUH)
- King Edward Medical University Lahore (KEMU)
- Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences Jonshoro
- Ziauddin University Karachi
- Gandhara University Peshawar